Well I still haven't touched my stories and I only thought about working out. Wait... I actually had a very deep thought about working out. You see my thirty-third birthday is just around the corner and I'm feeling very , very old. I thought to myself , what have I accomplished in my life? And in all reality , not a darn thing. I didn't continue my education and I have no skills. I eat junk food almost every day and don't work out. I have a decent job but still live pay check to pay check. I need a change. So on my thirty-third birthday I'm giving myself two years to make something of myself. I'm going to be with Agnieszka so I'll get a new job which hopefully pays well. My weight needs to come down so I thought I would give my addiction these last few weeks and quit eating junk food cold turkey. Chances are I'll just be all talk and go to Mcdonalds that same day. Eh ,well I would just have to wait and see.
Now the most exciting part of my week was when I came across a news paper stand. Step six-hundred and eighty-three to be exact. What caught my attention was the familiarity of the man holding a Nobel prize. He kinda reminded myself of an older me. I reached into my pocket for change to place in the coin mechanism but noticed I had no change. So I simply ask the patriot standing at the bus stop. Excuse me kind sir , would you happen to be able to spare a few coi....and before I was able to finish that s.o.b. was yelling his head off . Get a f#$@ing job you bum, was one phrase I remember perfectly. The next form a what appeared to be a lady. " Why should I!, just so you can buy your drugs!!!" I stood astonished by the stupidity of my fellow Americans. A holiday were we celebrated our freedom was ruined by such as@@@les. I could only hope one misfire of a rocket would land on that guys cars.
The sound of coins dropping behind me made me turn around as I see a homeless man walking away from me. Out of all people , he could spare a few coins. I yell " thank you , kind sir" he just laughs " HA HA HA I REMEMBER! HA HA HA" and continues walking. I never did see his face but I will always remember him and be grateful. I place the coins in the machine , grab a paper and read. A story of a man who created the first artificial intelligence in a humanoid form. He explained how the technology had existed all these years . A speaker was the mouth, a microphone its ears , cameras for the eyes and a very unsophisticated computer for the brain. He explained to everyone that the human baby took years to learn to speak and with yes and no commands by their parents a human baby learned enough to decided on its own yes or no. Basically what is right from wrong.
This man took a couple of years inputting yes and no commands into a computer until the humanoid machine was able to think for itself. Only what he created wasn't as fragile as any human. His machine accelerated beyond anybodies comprehension and soon his machine was teaching him. I loved that story. I was lifted to a higher plane almost a nirvana like state until I hear a " hey you". I turn and look into the ally. " yeah you , come here for a second". At first I thought it was that nice homeless man because of the jacket he was wearing but as I got closer It wasn't him at all. Same jacket , only newer. He was covering his face with a scarf and I ask politely what can I do for you ... kind sir . I was just a little nervous.
" I have something to give you" said the man as he opened his coat. " take this" and he held one of the ugliest watches I have ever seen. Beat up all to hell and back I told him " I have no money for such trinkets" and began to walk away. " NO!" I turn to him again " I said I have something to give you" I become just a bit curious. " This is a very special watch , a TIME traveling watch" I look at him and say "sure buddy if you say so" " how much do you want for it and I'll be on my way" The man continues with his sales pitch " you dont under stand, you can change the world with this watch" " become a king or perhaps..... A GOD!" I now wonder how many cigarettes this guy smokes because his voice has the most eerie rough pitch to it. So as what anyone in my position would do I began to make fun of this man. " uh so , if its a time traveling watch why are you giving it to me" please exaggerate the sarcasm in that last question.
He told me that he used the watch to travel back in time to give to his younger self. I then asked "so, why are you giving it to me then? " He just gave me a funny look. I could tell with his eyes. Like BAM! I just asked the stupidest question in the world. About twenty minutes went by as I asked question after question. " so I set the alarm and I come back into present time?" "YES!" said the man. " Wont it just ring" "NO! " said the man. He finally got so frustrated with me he decided to put the watch on my wrist , set the alarm and slapped me in the face.
Of course my eyes were closed and when I opened them I was standing in the middle of a street. I hear a high pitched roar and looked up. Then I heard tires screeching and my body left my control. My one last vision was a women covering her eyes as my head was headed toward her wind shield. I went blank. I woke up on the floor with the biggest head ache and thought to myself that s.o.b. hit fu#$'n hard. I made my way to work, through that ugly watch in my locker and began my shift.
And as always the rest of my week was pretty much routine. Burger here a burger there. Loads of emails and phone calls to Agnieszka and more never ending steps.
No comments:
Post a Comment